This means that the machined surface will be perfectly flat and free from machining marks (non-oriented) with the same characteristics regardless of the orientation of the measure.
The isotropic finishing consists in the use of particular media with high density loaded mass of vibrating machinery with high intensity and low oscillation on which the components to be processed are literally immersed. Through the use of chemical accelerators and specific products, according to the type of process chosen isotropic (ISF REM, Abrachem, etc ..) the surface is first made uniform at the molecular level and in a second time passivated and polished by mechanical action media from which the result is a glossy finish evenly and perfectly flat.
The components on which this processing is used qualitatively obtain a surface that is not replicable by other similar finishes. The isotropic finishing is incredibly effective in and components subjected to nitriding getting> Ra0.1 pM, also allows to eliminate the polishing and / or grinding normally used after the nitriding of gears, impellers, bearings and other special high performance.
The materials on which that section applies processing are Carbon Steel and Stainless, Steel and alloy tool steels (HSS, HS, etc.), Ferrous alloys, Titanium Metals engineered and special alloys.
Benefits of isotropic finishing, for example on gears or other components subject to high pressures, temperatures and friction are the following:
– Better surface finish and homogeneous, non-oriented
– Process safe and controlled with selective removal of material minimal and negligible
– Drastic reduction of friction which results in a lower temperature and less wear
– Reduction of fatigue dynamic contact, vibration and noise during operation
– Less lubrication required for proper operation and reduction of fatigue failures
– Applicable on to ion nitriding, Carbon and Gas – does not eliminate the hardened layer and improves its performance
– Greater resistance to corrosion
– Lower final production costs, extension of the life cycle of the component and the complex mechanical which includes gear rem.
Fields of application are manifold, from micro-precision gears and crank mechanisms, impellers and blades for the energy sector, military, aerospace and motorsport in general, up to the medical and biomedical of which propose a section: